I have been working a several temporary part time jobs during the previous school holidays, i.e. cashier, secondary school teacher and nursery teacher. In this holiday, I have tried another new kind of part time job for me, promoter. Last two weeks, I worked as a sampling promoter for Enfa- milk. While last week, I worked as a promoter of my favorite Cadbury chocolate. It was a really good and new experience for me.
Yes, I saw it as a mission for me. Because every time I worked, I were suffering, don't know why... And I easily get bored. Completing a job is a great success for myself. Haha.
I thought I would enjoy the job very well, if compared to those previously. Because the jobs simply deal with food, that I'm usually familiar with. And it was true, I attended the job with full of spirit in the first day. I really enjoyed. I enjoyed making milk, and explained to the parents how good the milk is, and persuaded them to buy. What's a surprise, I am quite talented in persuading people to buy the product that I promoted. *LOL* Even the Product Consultant praised me. Hahaha... But then, the level of the spirit was dropped each day. Hahaha... Not because of boredom, but it was tiring. Each day, I have to stand from 9.30am to 10pm, with 1 hour break. Every night when I were back, my legs were numb. And I were struggling to wake up in the next morning. But luckily, the job was only last for 4 days. Of course during the days I promoted Enfa-milk, I really drank lots of milk. Haha! Yes, it is yummy... ^^
Last week, I received an offer to work as a promoter for Cadbury Chocolate. I were crazy! It's my favorite! Haha... However, it was not as enjoyable as I expected. The market that I worked is always crowded, that I don't really like. I were in-charge of the "block" for Cadbury, from arranging the Cadbury products, doing stocks checking, to the sampling of chocolate and promoting. Hmm... I were abit reluctant at the beginning, because, unlike the previous promoter job for Enfa- milk, I didn't have any assistant. But I should say I am the lucky one, because my uncle was there to help me, and he even assigned his own assistant to stay for awhile and help me at the first day. They helped me handled some situations and some people that was frustrating me very much. And they helped me think of many solutions to settle down the problems and difficulties that annoyed me. I were not under them actually, but they voluntarily helped me. How lucky I were, right?
Hey, don't think I have eaten a lot of chocolates... NO, I DIDN'T. Tell you what, sampling for chocolate is really a terrible task. I have just put the chocolate on the tray, and did not even start to prospect any customers, the chocolates were just "gone"... Terrible. Really terrible. And I can feel how popular I were during I promoted for Cadbury, everyone approached me and want the sampling chocolates, ONLY.
I enjoyed being a promoter for either Enfa- or Cadbury. But it will be better if there is a chair provided. Haha. And seriously I am not willing to promote again at the crowded market. Hmm... Those aunties are "scary". Haha.. Honestly.
All in all, actually I really appreciate the job. At least, I get to know different kinds of people with different kinds of behaviors and working/managing styles. The experience taught me how to deal with them, how to "settle" them, and of course how to be "smart" during working. That's why I said I got a really nice and valuable experience. And I have to thank my uncle, who offered the promoter jobs for me. He is really kind to me, he helped me and taught me a lot and a lot during working.
Appreciate with what I had and what I have.
And I announced, MISSION COMPLETED.
Will there any promoter jobs again in this holidays? and should I try? hmm...




No comments:
Post a Comment